Warning: Offsite links are not safe spaces. Articles and comments in the links may contain ableist, sexist, and other -ist language of varying intensity.
* Bev at Asperger Square 8: How the Grinch Tried to Steal Autistic Self-Advocacy
Each autistic person deserved life a lot…
But the Grinch, who lived outside of Reason,
The Grinch hated autism, every season
He liked to chelate cats and give dogs HBOT.
He thought all he could with his tiny green head
About how to prove they’d be better off dead
Until it occurred to him how to derail
Every self-advocate, make them all FAIL. […]
* Liz Spikol at The Trouble with Spikol: Human Rights Violations at Psychiatric “Hospital”
If you haven’t heard of investigative reporter Anas Aremeyaw Anas, that’s a shame. I hadn’t heard of him either until Joe sent me a link to his latest expose on an inpatient facility in Accra, Ghana.
The first ever electrically powered vehicle designed especially for wheelchair users will become available in the UK soon.
– Driven directly from a wheelchair – access is via the rear-opening tailgate and steering is by motorbike style handlebar (joystick option will be available in time). Your own wheelchair is secured within the car by an interlocking device
– The current design allows parking rear end to the pavement for easy access and it is an ideal solution to drivers who only undertake journeys to local shops and services
– Because of its weight the Kenguru is classified as a scooter and therefore only a scooter driver’s licence is required to drive Kenguru
* The West: Wasps put sting in wheelchair sports
Adam Hart is a battle-hardened veteran of his sport. The 34-year-old is in training to represent WA in the National Electric Wheelchair Sports competition – for the 19th time.
* High Gloss Blue: This Is GOOD Design: An Accessible Treehouse
Located around the corner from Atlanta in Rutledge, Georgia, every summer Camp Twin Lakes welcomes kids with special illnesses, disabilities, and other challenges that would exclude them from partaking in this most celebrated summer ritual elsewhere.