Once-a-week Job Search Roundup
Here’s a list of potential jobs that explicitly seek people with disabilities/disabled people, or are explicitly invited to apply, that have come across my desk this week.
Please note: I have no knowledge of these jobs, don’t endorse them, and can tell you nothing about them.
United States: Jobs for College Grads with Disabilities is a portal site for job seekers in the US.
Uganda: Handicap International is looking for a Victim Assistance Technical Advisor in Uganda (As of today it is the final job offer listed on the site):
HI is currently assisting the Ugandan authorities to prevent disability from contamination of ERW, protect most at risk groups until clearance and return is possible, and contribute to victim assistance in Western Uganda.
Based in Kampala, Uganda, with regular visits to western and northern regions, and under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the Victim Assistance (VA) Technical Advisor is responsible for supporting the Uganda Mine Action Centre (UMAC), the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MoGLSD), the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other relevant national stakeholders in the development of the below-mentioned activities.
The position will involve working under the direction of D.R.P.I.’s Co-Directors and in collaboration with the D.R.P.I. Project Coordinator and other researchers to:
* Coordinate a regional disability rights monitoring training including the logistics of organizing the venue; participant travel, board and lodging; printing of materials, etc.;
* Plan and supervise disability rights monitoring projects;
* Liaise with D.R.P.I. project personnel and partners;
* Seek funding opportunities for disability rights monitoring activities;
* Assist national and local organizations of people with disabilities to apply for and secure funding;
* Offer support to disability rights monitoring activities taking place in Africa;
* Develop and foster partnerships between and among disability rights and human rights organizations in Africa;
* Assist with the preparation of reports to funding bodies and international and regional human rights monitoring mechanisms;
* Raise awareness of disability rights monitoring activities taking place in Africa (by, for example, coordinating media campaigns, writing content for the D.R.P.I. website and list serv, attending and presenting at relevant meetings, etc.)
* Other tasks, as required by the Co-Directors or their designate.
If you know jobs that should be included in this round-up, please email us at admin at disabledfeminists dot com.